Generally,for the purpose of admission, the Institute consists of an unlimited number of members. Such members are:
- Register as Builders, admitted and their names are in the membership list of the Institute.
- Financial members who are up to date in payment of their annual dues and other charges and levies.
Prospective members who shall be:
- Nigerians whose qualifications, experience and conduct are acceptable by the Institute.
- Nigerian Builders resident abroad whose qualifications and experience are acceptable to the Institute.
- Non-Nigerians whose qualifications and experience are acceptable to the Institute.
- Membership shall be personal to the member and shall not be transferable.